For Assistance with Proposals and Awards
Social science PIs obtain pre-award and post-grant management assistance from MIPAR, a grants administration unit housed within the Center for Social Science Scholarship. Read about how to get started with MIPAR here.
To set up an appointment, email email@example.com.
Go here to view CAHSS deadlines for proposal routing and submissions.
Arts and humanities faculty, please contact Rachel Brubaker in the Dresher Center for the Humanities for funding opportunities and assistance.
For faculty interested in submitting proposals to corporations or foundations, please consult Bruce Lyons in UMBC’s Office of Institutional Advancement.
COVID-19-Related Funding Opportunities
- View COVID-19-specific external funding opportunities relevant to the social sciences.
- View additional COVID-19-related funding opportunities, compiled by COGR and UMBC.
Other Social Science Funding Opportunities
- View current external funding opportunities relevant to the social sciences.
- Other funding opportunities as well as databases and tools, including Grant Forward and Foundations Online, are available via UMBC’s Office of the Vice Provost for Research. Staff in UMBC’s Office of Sponsored Programs are available to meet with faculty to provide an overview of how to search for funding opportunities.
- Researchers may also be interested in the eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA), which routinely adds opportunities, as well as the Governor’s Grants Office, which provides Maryland State specific funding opportunities. There are also institutional grant opportunities available through the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
- Hanover Research monthly grant opportunities calendar: Click to download a monthly grant opportunities calendar, compiled by Hanover Research, a grants development firm working in partnership with UMBC-CAHSS.
- Hanover Research DEI grant opportunities calendar: Click to download a grant opportunities calendar with opportunities that reflect widescale efforts to broaden participation and engage students and researchers from underrepresented groups, compiled by Hanover Research, a grants development firm working in partnership with UMBC-CAHSS
- Hanover Research early career researcher grant opportunities calendar: Click to download a grant opportunities calendar for early career researchers, compiled by Hanover Research, a grants development firm working in partnership with UMBC-CAHSS
Click here for internal funding opportunities.