Before an award has been obtained, MIPAR assists faculty members and departments by providing pre-award assistance. These services include:
- Assisting with proposal development: This entails reviewing your RFP and talking through your plan for what staff, equipment, software, travel, and any other items you may need to get the job done.
- Assisting with budget preparation: This is one of our most central services for PIs!
- Acting as a liaison to UMBC’s Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
- Acting as liaison to any subawardees
- Assembling the proposal packet: This entails ensuring that the proposal adheres to both university requirements and the sponsor’s requirements.
- Routing the proposal through Kuali for university approval: This includes routing to the Dean’s Office and with any collaborating departments.
- Assisting with financial Conflict of Interest forms: We provide necessary forms and distribute them to the appropriate party, such as the Office of Research Protections and Compliance and the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Assisting with PI eligibility procedures: We provide instructions for PIs to complete PIRATE training. We also fill out the relevant PeopleSoft access form for the PI and send the form to the appropriate party.
- Assisting PI with JUST In Time (JIT): We assist with other sponsored support in the event a proposal is indicated for award.
After an award has been obtained, MIPAR assists faculty members and departments by providing post-award administration. These services include:
- Assisting with recruiting, hiring personnel, and payroll
- Assisting with procurement, such as supplies, equipment, and software
- Assisting with subaward processing, such as POs, processing invoices, and acting as a liaison to any subawardees
- Acting as a liaison to UMBC’s Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and other internal UMBC departments
- Assisting with processing travel requests and expenses, including e-travel forms, booking hotels and travel, etc.
- Providing financial support: This includes budgetary accounting and budget management, such as monthly monitoring, projections, no cost extensions, award closeout, assisting PIs with Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPR), and so on.
Want to learn how to get started with MIPAR?
UMBC faculty can visit ourFrequently Asked Questions to learn about our policies, procedures, and processes.
For more information about grant assistance from MIPAR, please email email@example.com. MIPAR staff are always available to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you!