- Rolling deadlines:
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Rapid Response Research (RAPID)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Notice of Intent: New Funding Opportunity Announcement to Support Novel, High-Impact Studies Evaluating Health System and Healthcare Professional Responsiveness to COVID-19
- Department of Energy (DOE) Resources Supporting Coronavirus Research
- NIH Small Research Grant Program (Parent R03 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- NIA Multi-site COVID-19 Related Clinical Trial Implementation Grant on Aging-Related Topics in at-risk Older Adult Populations (R01 Clinical Trial Required) (NIH)
- Data.org Inclusive Growth and Recovery Challenge Welcomes Applications (COVID-19)
- The Social Science Research Council (SSRC), as part of its Just Tech program, seeks proposals from across the social sciences and related fields that address the risks, opportunities, and challenges posed by public health surveillance stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic. We specifically encourage proposals that interrogate the role the public and private sectors may play in mitigating or exacerbating the health crisis, the effects of which are already unevenly distributed.
- ECMC Foundation: COVID-19 Grants for Education
- November 4, 2020: Regional Conservation Partnership Program (USDA NRCS) The Regional Conservation Partnership Program promotes coordination of NRCS conservation activities with partners that offer value-added contributions to expand our collective ability to address on-farm, watershed, and regional natural resource concerns. Through RCPP, NRCS seeks to co-invest with partners to implement projects that demonstrate innovative solutions to conservation challenges and provide measurable improvements and outcomes tied to the resource concerns they seek to address.
- November 18, 2020: National Science Foundation (NSF) Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID)
- December 1, 2020: (NIH) Community Interventions to Address the Consequences of the COVID-19 Pandemic among Health Disparity and Vulnerable Populations (R01- Clinical Trial Optional)
- February 5, 2021: (NIH) Availability of Urgent Competitive Revisions for Research on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and the Causative Virus SARS-CoV-2
- View a calendar of COVID-19-related funding opportunities and information, maintained by COGR and UMBC.
- View a list of COVID-19-related funding opportunities maintained by GrantForward.
For Assistance with Proposals and Awards
Social science PIs obtain pre-award and post-grant management assistance from MIPAR, a grants administration unit housed within the Center for Social Science Scholarship. Learn how to get started with MIPAR here.
To set up an appointment, email email@example.com.
Go here to view CAHSS deadlines for proposal routing and submissions.
Arts and humanities faculty, please contact Rachel Brubaker in the Dresher Center for the Humanities for additional funding opportunities.
For faculty interested in submitting proposals to corporations or foundations, please consult Bruce Lyons in UMBC’s Office of Institutional Advancement.