On April 17, the Center for Social Science Scholarship convened an “Ask the Expert” forum on COVID-19, featuring social science faculty:
- Nicholas Bonneau, Lecturer, Department of History; a historian of science and medicine and a public historian; also currently teaching HIST 200, “Global History of Pandemics”
- Dana Bradley, Dean, Erickson School of Aging; and Professor of sociology, anthropology, and health administration and policy; Fellow of the Gerontological Society of America; and founding member of the Global Aging Research Network
- Charissa Cheah, Professor, Department of Psychology; PI on a new National Science Foundation-funded research grant to study prejudice and discrimination against Chinese-Americans due to COVID-19
- Brian Grodsky, Professor, Department of Political Science; researches disaster politics, human rights, and democratization and is a first responder and a volunteer firefighter and emergency medical technician
- Zoë McLaren, Associate Professor, School of Public Policy; researches health policy and the economics of the global spread of HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis
- Lucy Wilson, Professor, Emergency Health Services; infectious disease physician and the former Chief of the Center for Surveillance, Infection Prevention, and Outbreak Response at the Maryland Department of Health
Watch the livestream recording above, or on our YouTube channel!